Saturday, June 21, 2014

BASES: A new hope

After a long marathon of modeling over (last) weekend, some bases got built, a few more models got primed, and I ran out of materials to finish bases I was working on.

To be specific I have enough materials to complete 16 bases.
 
Above is the beginnings of the Project with the washers, cardboard spacers, sheet polystyrene 1" circles and all the pieces to make the slats.


Here is a work in progress image of placing the slats in alternating sizes. I use brush on super glue to control the amount if put on the slats. The brush on is pretty thin compared to the (intentionally) thicker bottle I buy for modeling purposes.


Another set of the top covers completed. That brings me to where I am at currently, which is running a .010" thick piece of polystyrene around the edge of each piece and finish sanding the base to be uniform and without any major gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment