Sunday, April 13, 2014

Nomads: Planning my Paint Schedule

Nomads: Painting on a schedule

I have an idea of what models I would like to get painted over the next year. I have a priority set on the models I think I will be using for NOVA 2014 for the ITS Tournament. There is also an additional set of models that will work better for YAMS compared to the ITS format that don't overlap my list building. That leaves the models that I have yet to build or get used infrequently in everyday gaming that will be the last in line to get painted.

There is another consideration that has sort of put a greater time sink on my modeling times. The construction of my weighted washer/palsticard bases for my Nomads gives a unique look, (also stops me from going crazy reproducing a similar base over and over again) but it takes a fair amount of time layering up the various bits of styrene, sanding the joints if any are present and then dressing the washer/cardboard/stryene sandwich layers with more thin sheet stryene for a finished product.

With that in mind I have to keep a weekly modeling/painting schedule if I hope to get all the models I want painted for NOVA. Thus far, keeping that personal schedule has worked out poorly. I have one model painted (the Crazy Koala that appeared earlier in my color scheme topic) another few primed, but the majority of the models sit on incomplete bases or need to take a trip to the Simple Green Bath so the painting quality/scheme matches up nicely with the rest of the force.
No, that's not all of them!

Now, the priority models that I know I will be using
as part of my lists:
1. Moran Maasi Hunter # 1
2-3. Crazy Koala Set # 1
4. Moran Massi Hunter # 2
5-6. Crazy Koala Set # 2
7. Interventor # 1
8. Interventor # 2
9. Prowler with Spitfire
10. Tomcat # 1
11. Tomcat # 2
12. Morlock # 1
13.Morlock # 2
14. Morlock # 3
15. Morlock # 4
16. Zero # 1
17. Zero # 2
18.Zero # 3
19. Zond Bot # 1
20. Zond Bot # 2
21. Reverend Custiodier
22. Zoe
23. Pi-Well

Let off from my list are all of the remotes that may or may not appear as part of the 3 different tournament lists for NOVA.

I still lack the new Iguana, but have purchased the Gecko box set and more Hellcats (up to three of them now; Boarding Shotgun, Hacker, and HMG models) There is another component working beyond what I need to paint; the local bi-monthly ITS event has a Painting Competition as part of the event (It keeps me actively painting if nothing else.)

Work has started on both the MK12 variant of the Gecko TAG and the Spitfire armed Prowler model for that competition. That sort of ties into my paint schedule. Sorta.





At this point, being 4.5 months from NOVA and only having a single model painted, I am happy to get any all things I can by that time.

1 comment:

  1. I remember doing all this last year. It gets even better once you're like two to four weeks out from the tournament and you decide to do some last minute tweaks of your lists and what models you'll need for them.

    ReplyDelete